When two people stay with each other for a long time, they become a little bit of each other. That's what I have heard. Dax and I have not been with each other for that long. But at times, it feels like we share thoughts. It is almost as if we have one mind.
One example of that occurs within a few minutes. I do not know why this thought comes to my mind that I should jump off the last four steps instead of descending them like a normal person. And then, I see Dax standing before the last step with his arms spread wide to catch me. I have not even taken off yet, so he should not know. However, seeing him like that, I grin, jumping off.
Successfully, I land on his arms. He catches me with ease and gives a twirl, with both of us giggling like kids.
When the twirling is finished, he carefully places me on the ground, keeping his arms around me. I look up at his grinning face, wrapping my arms around his neck.
“Does your highness know how beautiful she's looking, or does she want me to say it?” He asks with a rhythmic tone, nuzzling against the side of my face, making me giggle again.
“Of course she knows. But it would be nice to properly hear it from her beloved,” I reply against his lips as he has moved his face and is staring down at me now from a mere distance away.
“She should know that she's the most beautiful girl I've ever laid my eyes on and she will always remain in that place.” With that, his lips claim mine in a swift kiss, deepening almost instantly. I respond with equal intensity. It becomes heated within seconds, with tongues and hands involved.
Someone loudly coughs beside us, making us pull away from each other with a start. We find Hunter standing beside us with a heavily judgemental look.
I roll my eyes. He is staring at us as if he does not do the same shit with Jessie every now and then. In fact, he has been doing it way before me.
“What?” I grumble out. He furrows at me. What he is about to reply says Jessie in the next second. She does not say that to me individually. She yells out with a clap. “Pool time, everyone!”
‘Everyone’ actually listens to her and rushes out to the poolside. I feel someone grabbing my hand. Glancing to my side, I find my boyfriend's grinning face.
“Let's go,” he says, pulling me with him to follow the rest of the crowd.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Somehow we get detached. I do not know how that has happened. One moment he is holding my hand and the next I have lost him. There are not even that many people in the house compared to a normal high school pool party. I have been to parties before, even in this house, so I know. But I honestly do not know where I have lost my boyfriend.
I keep yelling his name and looking around. Within seconds, everyone has left the house to go to the pool. There are at most ten people, including me, here. Interesting how I do not see any of my friends either.
Should I check the poolside area? Is he already there? Or has he gone back inside the house for some reason?
I do not even have the phone with me to call him. I have left it in Ray's closet.
As I am walking aimlessly and debating what to do, someone blocks my path.
“There you are, Carino. I've been looking for you everywhere.”
That is Alfie. I recognise him even before I turn my head to glance at him. He has changed into shorts. A simple white shirt is dangling on his masculine body, all the buttons undone. He… looks like he does military training. I honestly have never seen someone with such a perfect body. It pains me, but he honestly has a good physique. And unlike what I have imagined, his tattoos stop where his ribs end. It covers his entire hands, neck and upper torso, like a tank top. The middle part of his body is clean. Then it begins from his v-line again, runs into his shorts and—
Oh my God!
The thought hits me like a brick.
Is his…..that area tattooed too?
“Wanna see for yourself?”
I have never felt such a jerk of embarrassment in my life. I even take a step back, my face turning red as I look up at his face. I cannot even look him in the eyes, knowing that I have been caught red-handed. He obviously has that infuriating smirk planted on his face, like he has won something we both have been competing for.
“I don't know what you're talking about,” I mumble, looking away, rubbing my arm. He makes that serpentine noise again with his tongue, which starts getting more irritating.
I see him leaning forward through my peripheral vision. “I don't know either. Maybe the fact that you were so bluntly checking me out and seemed more interested in what's underneath my clothes than what I'm already showing.”
Oh my God. Embarrassing!
He laughs this time, which sounds more like he is mocking me. In between his laughter, he says, “Don't worry. I was doing the same. Joder, tÃa… te cargas un par de tetas escandalosas. Oh, cómo me encantarÃa verlas al descubierto.”
I… have no idea what he's talking about. I stare at him blankly, not letting him know that I don't understand English. But judging by his expression, the way his eyes are flicking to my chest, I'm almost eighty per cent sure that he has made a nasty comment.
I turn on my heel to leave. There is no use standing here and chitchatting with him. I still do not know why he is here, but I believe he is invited somehow, like other teenagers, for the party. I just hope, really hope, he is not here to cause any trouble.
He interrupts my path with a hand on the wall. A sense of deja vu washes over me. “Ah, ah, where are you going?” I narrow my eyes. He grins. “I said I was looking for you. I'm not letting you get away that easily.”
You did not last time either. But that is not the point. The point is, “Why would you be looking for me?”
Instead of answering my question, he starts beating around the bush. “Seems like you were looking for your boy toy while I was looking for you. Where is he, by the way? Did he leave the birthday girl all by herself? Si yo fuera él, no te dejarÃa en paz. Nunca.”
Again Spanish. Behind every interaction he has with me, the one constant motive remains the urge to annoy me.
And it will obviously get on my nerves if you are talking shit about my boyfriend. So, I protest. “He didn't leave me. We were…” Then it occurs to me that it is of no use. The more I protest, the more he will push. So, I dismiss it altogether. “Whatever. Why were you looking for me?”
I have already assumed that he will start speaking nonsense again. But he gets to the point this time. His smile broadens as he pulls out a small box from his shorts’ pockets.
“It's your birthday. So I got a gift for you.” He holds the box before my eyes with three fingers supporting it, like a trophy he is giving me. The box is beautiful, I must say; the surface is matte black with intricate red patterns drawn neatly. However, I… do not like it. The vibe screams danger for some reason. Then again, Alfie's overall vibe screams danger, so there is no difference.
“What’s in it?” I eye the box suspiciously before eyeing him in the same manner. The shape is like that of a jewellery box, but it is more flat. So, I cannot guess exactly what it is containing.
“You should see for yourself,” he responds, and then he does something unexpected. Well, judging by his behaviour, that is not exactly unexpected. But it definitely catches me off guard.
His free hand comes up and pinches the bow on my top. Both of us look down. I should have pushed him away at that moment. But I do not. Maybe he has been waiting for that too as he takes a moment of pause to proceed.
He pulls the bow downwards. We both watch as the upper hem of the top starts sliding down my skin. The cleavage keeps deepening as he keeps pulling it down. Again, I should have pushed him away. But I do not. Rather, I watch with a beating heart as the swell of my breasts starts coming into view.
I… do not know what I have expected. He stops at one point, and I realise what he has done. He has stopped just at the borderline. One millimetre more and my breasts will be out of the top. His hand, the one that has been pulling the bow, moves away. I do not look up at him. I keep looking down at my almost out breasts. Hell, even I have never known my cleavage could be this deep!
Then he places the box on top of my cleavage and pushes it with one finger. Push and push. When it is more than halfway down between my breasts, he stops and removes his hand. Again, I do not look at him. I keep staring at the box nestled between my breasts.
“There you go, Dulcinea. Your birthday gift.” I hear him say it, and then he turns around and leaves with, “See you later.”
I keep staring at the obscenely stuck gift box as his footsteps fade away and start to think what the hell has just happened and what the hell is wrong with me.
.png)

No comments:
Post a Comment